Friday, January 31, 2014

Later in my life, I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital because he could not relieve me of guilt


Was back in the South Pacific, where Bill Barker, one of my scouts partners and I were assigned to the front line. On the first night we had to dig our "foxholes" to protect us from bombing. On that September night, the Japanese were bombing our positions with grenades, mortars, while our company mortars campaign did his best to answer the fire throughout the night. I was so scared I cringed and prayed.
The next morning, the colonel called dogs scouts to try to figure doorbell sound effect out where they hid the Japanese. We were sent on a combat patrol, where Bill and I were the vanguard. Then we came to a peninsula on track Nau Nau mu ma. The lieutenant decided that we should separate us, to enlarge the search area, and told Bill there was a machine gun nest on the mountain, about half a mile from the foot. "Take a man and see if their dogs can locate the position," and continued, doorbell sound effect "Long, you assume the main patrol twenty men and starts rummaging through the peninsula." Barker told the lieutenant that his dog was sick: he knew I was already injured in a similar action. Bill insisted that he feared that his dog could not climb the mountain doorbell sound effect ... I said in the previous patrol I was responsible and who was now his turn. The lieutenant heard what Bill said and changed plans. This change made me have to climb the mountain to try to locate the machine gun nest. The sergeant in charge doorbell sound effect said that when we arrived (me and my dog) to the top or had any contact with the enemy, we contacted the "walky-talkies" in reporting.
The nearer we approached the top, most believed that the enemy had withdrawn. We contacted the patrol down there. The sergeant told us to look and see if there was any movement before continuing our progress down the river and around the peninsula. I went down about 750 feet of the mountain, keeping me in touch with the patrol, while beginning to rain (which doorbell sound effect hurt much our view). Waited for two hours. The sergeant contacted me again by radio and ordered me to make sure everything was clean, to which I replied giving him an "OK" to proceed by the river. From afar I see Bill at the forefront, with Garcia behind. They had just turned doorbell sound effect the curve of the foot of the mountain when I observed the dog Bill do the sign that there was something nearby. Once men began to cross the river hell fell on them. The Japanese had ambushed them. Bill and Garcia were killed in the first blast. Bill's dog was injured and rushed desperately to the curve. doorbell sound effect Men dived into the river trying to save. I saw myself dying and being torn apart by machine gun fire. The change in the order of the patrol with Bill saved my life.
Later, my partner and I went back down the mountain, back to the original position. doorbell sound effect The Japanese had devastated us. Only after dark we got reinforcements and dug our trenches. We would open fire on anything that we saw in that direction. doorbell sound effect The river began to overflow its banks and this has forced us to retreat. Found "Tuffy" Bill's dog, a few feet below. He was hit on the nose. Medicated him and took him back to the camp where the other coaches knew that one of the men had been killed. Upon arriving at camp, all my men were waiting doorbell sound effect impatiently and ran to me crying and hugging me. I'll never forget this moment while I live. That's what the badge means that we used - Veterans: brotherly love until the day we die.
Later in my life, I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital because he could not relieve me of guilt that my decision had caused the death of Bill and Garcia. I tried to forget this fact, but it haunts doorbell sound effect me whenever I see our badge and remember how we pray for life that day. She always brings me back unpleasant memories. I was only nineteen. Amen
When we left Frisco aboard the USS John Isacson, dogs had special cells. We had small boxes that we use for the animals to alleviate. The dogs were at the peak of their form before embarking because the commanders had told us what to expect when we arrived at our destination.
On the ship, the dogs should be removed from the cages and exercised at the bottom of the vessel. The dogs attack had to be stirred constantly to keep them trained. Everything we did on the ship, about the animals, was highly confidential. Each man could only take care of your own dog. No other soldier, apart trainers were allowed in the kennel area. The dogs was given the good and the best. Their welfare doorbell sound effect was very important.
When we arrived at our destination, Guadalcanal, the dogs were very agitated by ve

No comments:

Post a Comment